The patient portal is a cloud-based tool that will allow you to work with your patients electronically to exchange messages, share visit summaries, test results and educational materials. In 2014, online patient engagement is part of the Meaningful Use requirements, so get your practice started and reap the following benefits:
- Increase the level of interaction you can have with your patients before and after their office visits
- Decrease the amount of time your staff spends listening to voice messages for patient requests, calling patients with test results, booking appointments and making copies of patient medical records
Download our Patient Portal User Guide
Click here for set up assistance.
Patient Portal and Meaningful Use
The Amazing Charts 2014 Patient Portal will enable you to get a jump start on meeting some of the challenging aspects of the second stage of Meaningful Use. The Patient Portal will be offered at no cost with a simple set up. Since Patient Engagement has become a core requirement for MU2, it is important to start educating office staff and patients on how to interact with the practice through a self-service web based portal. The Amazing Charts Patient Portal meets all of the requirements for MU2 criteria for providers.
The Patient Portal will help meet two specific tests for MU2:
- Core Criteria #7 – Patients can View, Download, and Transmit their medical record to a third party within four days of being available.
- More than 50 percent of all unique patients seen by the EP during the EHR reporting period must be provided timely (within 4 business days after the information is available to the EP) online access to their health information subject to the EP's discretion to withhold certain information.
Core Criteria #17 – Secure Messaging between Patient and Provider
- More than 5 percent of all unique patients seen by the EP during the EHR reporting period (or their authorized representatives) must view, download, or transmit their health information to a third party
- A secure message was sent using the electronic messaging function of Certified EHR Technology by more than 5 percent of unique patients (or their authorized representatives) seen by the EP during the EHR reporting period.
Register or learn more about the requirements for MU Stage 2.
<< Prepare for Upgrade Now!
Meaningful Use Wizard >>