MIPS/MACRA attestation
by joseph
02/11/18 09:20 PM
Topic Options
#72440 - 02/10/18 10:02 PM Amazing Charts User Board Link
Bert Offline
Admin

Loc: Brewer, Maine
This topic comes up from time to time. And, my possible solution also is misunderstood each time. Hopefully, the following will help:

I have NEVER used the website. The website is only good for those who do not have AC, and are looking to find the user board. And, yes, if AC wants someone to find the forum, it is hidden rather well. If you already have AC, and for some reason only known to you, you do not have a like on your desktop, Start menu or task bar or in your favorites, then going to your Amazing Charts home window is the best way to get to the ACUB. NOT THE WEBSITE. NOT THE WEBSITE. If you do feel the need to go to the site, then use the address: http://www.amazingcharts.com/ub

Here is a picture of where you would find the link on the site. It is represented by a chat icon. You know the one that is as familiar as Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. This is also a plug for Wendell.

Otherwise, if you already have AC, and depending on whether you are one of those who keep AC open 24/7 as I do, then getting to ACUB, is rather easy to find from there. First, think of the userboard as a place to go for Help. So, use the drop down menu from Help on the top:

When you drop down, you will see the link. For reasons that are way beyond me but only known to AC/Pri-Med/Harris, it is called Amazing Charts Community Board. Yes, we are all a tight knit family and community, but no one calls it a community board. I have emailed AC many times asking them to change it to either Amazing Charts User Board, or even better, ACUB.

Now, once you are on the board, it is up to you to save the location. You can:

• Add it to your favorites
  • Make a shortcut to your desktop
  • Add it to your taskbar
  • Add it to your start menu

#72442 - 02/11/18 01:42 AM Re: Amazing Charts User Board Link [Re: Bert]
ryanjo Offline

Loc: Central Florida
Thanks for the direct link. I'll pass it on. It was for a potential new user.

Same as me, he would never buy a $2k software program without reading the user board comments. These were front and center on amazingcharts.com a few years ago, even provided as a link on the "Help Me Now" page. Not any more.

AC now is closer to Epic, eClinicalWorks, Athena et al in access to user comments & critiques. For the latter EHRs, this has led to the proliferation of "hate" posts on multiple software review sites -- not the best venue for getting help from other users. I don't believe that AC realizes the value of the comments by users on this board, or the experts that post here.

#72444 - 02/11/18 01:58 AM Re: Amazing Charts User Board Link [Re: Bert]
JBS Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Exactly, John.
There is no issue for those of us who come to the user board regularly.

The problem is for the rest of the world. Anyone evaluating AC may go to amazingcharts.com, and will likely never see a link to the user board. Alternatively, they will Google "Amazing Charts" and will get pages of links before coming to the UB.

If you are an AC user who rarely, if ever, comes here... you probably won't know to look for a connection within AC. Telling people here won't help them either... they aren't here!

The ACUB is an important and valuable resource for AC and Harris. It should be promoted, not hidden. (And by the way, this change occurred pre-Harris).

Reduce needless clicks!

#72453 - 02/11/18 08:23 PM Re: Amazing Charts User Board Link [Re: Bert]
Bert Offline
Admin

Yes, I agree with everyone's stance on this. Some of the posts have not made it clear that these are outside entities. Although Googling the full Amazing Charts User Board will get you here.

Since, I took some of the posts to mean some of the 10,000 users (where only 4,400 something have even visited) on here, I was just showing one how to find it from AC. Sorry if that wasn't helpful.

While I think for the sake of transparency, a board is helpful, only those of us who have been on here and witnessed the tremendous help of Sandeep and Indy, etc. know of its great benefit. There was a time when it was 75% positive and very helpful in attracting new users. Now, it is 75% negative especially in the areas of what people look at the most: Price and support. Hell, even the best thing to hit AC in years as it pertained to EPCS took me begging people to put up with the process to get to the other side of the tunnel as jimmie did.

Don't get me wrong. This board is awesome. And, it shouldn't be hidden. People remember Jon for his kind capitalism, etc. But, I definitely remember a time as does two others on this board when the CEO and president directly censored us for speaking our minds.

#72458 - 02/12/18 03:27 AM Re: Amazing Charts User Board Link [Re: Bert]
JBS Offline

The user board is a plus for Amazing Charts. It drives sales. It has always done so. It should be promoted, not hidden.

Reduce needless clicks!

#72459 - 02/12/18 03:29 AM Re: Amazing Charts User Board Link [Re: Bert]
Bert Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Bert again
Don't get me wrong. This board is awesome. And, it shouldn't be hidden. People remember Jon for his kind capitalism, etc. But, I definitely remember a time as does two others on this board when the CEO and president directly censored us for speaking our minds.

#72460 - 02/12/18 03:55 AM Re: Amazing Charts User Board Link [Re: Bert]
JBS Offline

Yeah it was good in the past and is good now.

Reduce needless clicks!

#72467 - 02/13/18 12:13 AM Re: Amazing Charts User Board Link [Re: Bert]
Teleski Offline

Loc: Colorado
I am an infrequent user of ACUB, mostly visit without logging in, but very glad it still exists -- guilty of complaining, but this does seem to be a problem solving space with a potential reach to AC development -- Thanks Jon, Bert, Sandeep, et al -- help has been appreciated.

#72468 - 02/13/18 12:20 AM Re: Amazing Charts User Board Link [Re: Bert]
Indy Offline

Loc: Western US
I appreciate the kind words. This has always been something I contribute to when I have time, as the Doctors I have met in this community and have become my friends inspire me.

I just noticed that next year will mark ten years that I have been actually posting on the board. What's a decade among friends?

There are folks like Leslie that I wonder how they are getting along, and others here that I'm still trying to meet when our locations cross.

Indy's Blog

www.BestForYourPractice.com
Our Name is Our Creed

Moderator:  Indy, JBS, Sandeep 
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 2 Guests and 47 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
Bert 11326
JBS 2510
Sandeep 2210
Wendell365 2193
ryanjo 2004
Leslie 2002
Wayne 1889
Indy 1744
Steven 1718
hockeyref 1673