Successfully Implementing a New EHR
By Kelsey Oliveira
“The ubiquitous shift from document-based storage to Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems has been one of the most extraordinary reforms of our times.” According to a poll by Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, 88 percent of patients say their doctor uses an EHR, with 45 percent believing it improves the overall quality of care. To make EHRs even more effective for providers and their patients, there are two areas you can focus on when implementing a new solution or improving an existing one: “security of patient data” and “data interoperability.” Here are some basic tips from Physicians Practice to increase the effectiveness of your EHR:
- “Assuring that your EHR software complies with HIPAA rules and other recommended regulations from the ground level up can rid yourself of extra effort needed later in development or after a breach occurs.”
- “Keeping patients at the center of care is one key to shifting our healthcare system to a value-based model. Interoperability is a vital element of this work since health systems can bridge from population health outcomes down to clinical decision-making at the point of care if systems can exchange information easily and quickly.”
To learn more about how you can effectively implement a new EHR or improve the functionality of your existing system, click here to read the article or view our additional solutions below.
Don't Wait for a Cyber Attack:
Take Action with Your Private Practice's Cybersecurity
Having a cyber-security plan is critical to the long-term functioning of your medical practice. Breaches are here, and they are accelerating. As a healthcare provider, HIPAA compliance requires you to protect patient information. In addition, data compromises can diminish your ability to provide quality care, cost your practice untold financial outlays, and irreparably damage your reputation.
By implementing a cybersecurity service, you’ll get access to:
- Network and cloud monitoring
- Security concierge service
- Growing suite of additional protections
Kelsey Oliveira is a Marketing Specialist at Amazing Charts and joined the company in 2019. She enjoys providing useful content and resources to help independent practices thrive.