AC Medical Billing Takes the Work of Billing off your Hands
Amazing Charts Medical Billing Service is a fully integrated Revenue Cycle Management service that handles the hassle of billing for you, and at a more affordable rate than most third-party billers.
What is Medical Billing?
In its most basic form, medical billing involves preparing billing claims for services provided and submitting them to insurance providers. Any outstanding amount not covered by insurance then needs to be sent on to patients for final payment. This process ensures that your independent practice is fully reimbursed for the services it provides to patients. Steps involved in medical billing that serve as part of Revenue Cycle Management include:
- Registration: Patient sets an appointment and comes into the practice to be seen by a provider.
- Verification: The private practice verifies the patient’s current insurance eligibility, and correctly collects any co-payments at the time of service.
- Service: The patient meets with a provider who accurately records the interaction, and lists any follow-up requirements.
- Transcription: The encounter is entered in the EHR in such a manner as to accurately reflect all time spent and services provided.
- Coding: The service encounter information is properly converted into the appropriate medical codes for submission to insurance providers.
- Charge transmission: Coded interactions are submitted to insurance providers for payment.
- Denial management: The practice works with providers to resolve any rejected or denied claims.
- Accounts Receivable management: Once the process with the providers is finalized, the practice submits any outstanding billing amounts to patients for full payment.
- Payment posting: All credits and payments must be promptly and accurately posted to the patient’s account to avoid any duplication or billing miscommunication.
Why Our Medical Billing
Our Amazing Charts medical billing solution has been adopted by thousands of independent medical practices, including those in family medicine, internal medicine, paediatrics, surgery, cardiologists and a wide array of additional specialities. Amazing Charts consistently ranks as a top medical software service provider for ease of use and remains an affordable option for private medical practices.
With the easy-to-use, affordable medical billing software from Amazing Charts, your practice receives:
- 95% of claims are paid on 1st submission
- Quicker time to payment
- Uninterrupted cash flow
Easy to use cloud-based reporting software that includes fully customizable real-time reports providing total visibility into financial performance and trends. Available 24/7.
Daily electronic and paper claims submissions ensure timely payments. Allows Payer remittance and patient payment posting, including EOB scanning and payment verification. Direct Messaging capabilities with your billing manager; backed by a U.S.-based team of billing experts.
Advanced claim scrubbing means clean claims get out the first time, and we examine payer successes and opportunities periodically for improvement.
Extensive follow-up and appeals process means nothing gets left behind. Patient statements and telephone follow-up are customized for your needs.
Learn More About Our State-of-the-Art Medical Billing Service Now!
What are Potential Roadblocks to Accurate and Timely Medical Billing?
When implemented properly, medical billing provides a smooth cash flow to the practice and allows for proper Revenue Cycle Management. Too often, though, undertrained staff or an inefficient medical claims billing service can lead to billing nightmares and loss of revenue. These frustrations can be caused by:
- Failure to fully manage every stage of the claim lifecycle.
- Lack of real-time reports, leading to lags in payment.
- Faulty claim creation and scrubbing, that leads to rejections.
- Poor patient follow-up to collect outstanding balances.
Frequently Asked Questions
Medical coding is the process of assigning standard billing codes to the services your medical practice has provided, in order to submit your claims to the various insurance providers. Medical billing, on the other hand, is the process of submitting and following-up on those claims.
Medical billing services are used by private practices to process, submit, and follow-up on their health insurance claims in order to reduce administrative burdens and improve billing accuracy.
There are many benefits to working with a medical billing service, including:
- Improved workflow for the administrative team.
- Less confusion with payer-specific payment policies.
- Reduced submission errors.
- Faster claims processing.
- Improved Revenue Cycle Management.
- Reduced per-patient costs.
- Improved cash flow.
- Increased patient satisfaction.
How to Implement an Amazing Charts Medical Billing Service at Your Private Practice
Amazing Charts helps all the way with a thoughtful implementation process for your private practice to easily adapt our medical billing service, which benefits patients, physicians and staff. A step-by-step roadmap for evaluating options and purchasing the most appropriate medical billing service for your private practice includes:
The best system for your independent practice will be the one that is best able to meet the needs of providers and team members. That is why it is important to involve key staff right from the start. Solicit feedback from those who best understand the current billing bottlenecks, and are most likely to utilize the new system on a daily basis. Your team may include a physician, the office manager, members of the coding and billing staff, and patient-facing clinical staff members.
To find ways to improve your process, your team will need to create a detailed workflow map of the current process, from appointment scheduling, all the way through to billing and final payment. This will highlight areas where your medical billing software can best support your team, and indicate where it can increase efficiencies in under-performing tasks. Uncovering ways to reduce administrative hassles decreases headaches and increases revenue.
Based on your team’s analysis, identify key needs for your new system. This list may include current abilities, but may also have “wish list” items that the team would like to learn more about. Rank these features for their importance to your practice. Your list might include:
- Administrative Needs
- Billing and Collection Needs
- Insurance Verification Needs
- “Wish List” Wants
- Clearinghouse Requirements
- Report Frequency Requirements
- Vendor Credentialing, Background, and Support Requirements
- System Integration and Update Protocols
- Compliance Capabilities
Review our testimonials, network with peers that already use our system, request a consultation, or review educational materials to learn how our software can improve your practice’s medical billing process.
Request a Consultation Today!
AC Medical Billing Takes the Work of Billing off your Hands
Amazing Charts Medical Billing Service is a fully integrated Revenue Cycle Management service that handles the hassle of billing for you, and at a more affordable rate than most third-party billers. Your practice could experience an increase in collections, a higher rate of claims paid on first submission, and a quicker time to payment with your payers and patients.
• Up to a 20% increase in collections
• 95% of claims are paid on 1st submission
• Quicker time to payment
• Uninterrupted cash flow