Private Practice's EHR Checklist
By Kelsey Oliveira
1. Assess the EHR functionality you are looking for
- This time around, look for something that truly charts how you want to
- Assess your pain points and use that as a guide
- Speed: How fast is it to chart X in your current EHR?
- Is there functionality you do not need/like?
2. Choosing locally hosted versus cloud-based systems – which is right for you?
3. Select an EHR
- Is the EHR cost effective, expandable, easy-to-learn and easy-to-use?
- Do they offer a free trial?
- Do they offer some free training?
- Do the implementation specialists have several years of experience helping practices switch EHRs? Do they offer Practice Management or billing options?
4. Understand the transition process (data transfer, implementation, etc.)
5. Training your staff on how to use the EHR efficiently
- Efficient use is essential for productivity
6. Setting your practice up for success (add-ons, future training, etc.)
Visit Our Dedicated Switching EHRs Page
Changing your EHR is a big decision. We collected useful information and a few key recommendations to help out as you embark on this journey. Knowing what’s ahead of you when you begin the process to switch your EHR is important. It can help you plan and feel more confident in your decision. We hope the information we collected here can help you make these key choices. Our team can help eliminate the headaches in the process so you can enjoy the personal and professional satisfaction that comes with finding an easier to use EHR.
Amazing Charts Medical Practice Consultants are here to help! Click here to visit our dedicated switching EHRs page to assist you with what you should know and be aware of when switching EHRs. To learn more, please contact us for a free practice consultation.
Kelsey Oliveira is a Marketing Specialist at Amazing Charts and joined the company in 2019. She enjoys providing useful content and resources to help independent practices thrive.